Friday, July 1, 2016

June Update

June in Review: Getting Connected and Staying Connected
Stateside Update:
God has continued to encourage me throughout the month of June with new connections and reconnections. I want to take a few minutes to share some of the things that have been going on this month.
New Connection
I would like to start by introducing you to . . . Mary Beth Likkel. A few weeks ago, I received an email from Global Outreach Mission, my sending mission agency. GOM had received an application from a lady who desires to help children. They gave me the info they had on her and allowed me to connect with her. As I reviewed her info, I saw that she lives only 10 minutes from me. Next, I read that she has an interest in working with kids who speak Spanish. Then I read that she desires to work from home and organize mission trips that she could lead. Finally, I saw that she had studied abroad - in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
I contacted Mary Beth and we met for two hours that first meeting. I was excited about her previous experiences and what she saw herself doing. She was excited about the school project and started brainstorming ways she could possibly help me with fundraising for the school. We decided to take some time and pray about it; Mary Beth also wanted to discuss this with her husband and family.
We talked again the following week. Both of us agreed that this seemed to be a divine connection and we are excited about partnering together. Mary Beth has decided to join me in the fundraising process for Christian Life Academy. She is still praying through her options of what that might look like, but she is excited to come on board. Mary Beth is a graduate of Calvin College, a local Christian college here in the Grand Rapids area. She will open connections at the college, locally, and in Indiana, where her family lives. I am excited to see what God will do with this new divine connection that He has provided.

Reconnections
I had the opportunity to have a mini-reunion with some former and current missionary friends from Honduras. I traveled for a weekend to Northern Illinois to visit two former roommates from the Ranch, as well as a family that still lives and works in Honduras. From there I drove three hours south to spend a week with my sister's family and my dad. I was able to be there for Father's Day.
While in IL, I saw on Facebook that some friends of mine from college were in the Grand Rapids area. I was able to contact them and we got together for a brief visit. It was such a blessing to reconnect with these friends after almost 20 years.

 
Staying Connected
In order to keep people better informed about Christian Life Academy, I have started a blog that includes my personal story that led to the idea for CLA, why a school is needed, and the ministry plan that I wrote in preparation for it. Check it out atwww.clahonduras.blogspot.com.
Honduras Update:
  • The supervisor of Christian Life Church arrived from Puerto Rico for a visit. He accompanied Pastors Edgard and Wanda Agosto to the five churches located in Honduras. He also spent some time with the kids from the Compassion International program at the main campus in Comayagua. 
  • Progress has been made on the church clinic and is now being used for the Compassion International sponsored children. The clinic has been funded by a church in Switzerland, as well as doctors from Puerto Rico that come and do a medical brigade each summer for the local community.
 
Praises and prayer requests:
  • Praising God for Mary Beth and the doors that will open for new partners with Christian Life Academy through her.
  • I am thankful for the wonderful times I have had this month with friends - from college and Honduras - and family.
  • In thanksgiving for new partners to the school project. To date approximately $7,400 has arrived or has been pledged.
  • Please continue to pray that the Lord provides the land that He has chosen for the school.
  • For traveling mercies as I go to Orlando, Chicago, and return to Buffalo in July.
  • For wisdom for me as I pray about job options. I need to start thinking about a job as my personal funding as a missionary comes to an end in December. I am praying about jobs that might give me the flexibility to travel to Honduras as needed. I am not sure what that looks like yet, or if that is even possible.
And please continue to pray . . .
  • For the work at Iglesia Vida Cristiana (Christian Life Church) in Comayagua, Honduras - for the pastors, the members, and especially the children's project through Compassion International.
As always, thank you for your continued prayers and support.
Joyfully Serving Christ,
Jennifer





















































Mary Beth Likkel

Mini-reunion with Val, Tammy and Sara

Spending Father's Day with my dad, niece and nephew
Amanda Gibson (Friend from SUNY Geneseo) with her three children. Her husband, Stanford, took the photo



Global Outreach Mission thanks you for financially supporting theJennifer Mayes in Honduras. All gifts are tax-deductible, and should be made payable to: Global Outreach Mission. On a separate note indicate: Ministry-JenniferMayes. 


Donations can also be made on-line.

 Website: www.missiongo.org


  Gray
 
Stay In Touch

Copyright © 20XX. All Rights Reserved.
Global Outreach Mission, PO Box 2010, Buffalo, NY 14231
Sent by jlmayeshonduras@gmail.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment